Our Schedule:

Teaching English and Art together, putting on the GospelCafé concerts, prayer, meeting with our new French friends. It's a good life!


A complete listing of very specific requests for prayer can be found under "Prayer Requests."


For those just getting to know us, please visit the special sections to the right.

Sunday, April 20, 2014

Joyeuses Pâques!

We woke up this morning where one says, "He is Risen!", and the other - "He is risen indeed!"
(Manu, our French teammate told me The French may say, "Christ est ressuscité! Il est vraiment ressuscité!) Vraiment can mean "indeed", and comes from truth.
     This song immediately came into my being. I was so surprised and quite happy. I sang it for Russell and he said, "I can't believe you remembered all the words." I usually make up words or twist half of them.

Here it is composed by Alfred Ackley 1933:
I serve a risen Savior He's in the world today.
I know that he is living whatever man may say.
I see his hand of mercy I hear his voice of cheer
And just the time I need him He's always near.
He lives! He lives! Salvation to impart.
You ask me how I know he lives He LIVES W-i-t-h-i-n My Heart!
(ha ha - for those of you who know this song, can't you just hear me singing it at the top of my lungs?)

We had a lovely Pâques day. Our service was held in a beautiful old farm that houses special needs adults. There is a place for worship on the lovely grounds and that is where we were. It was supposed to be rainy but the sun came out and it was glorious. There is a lake or river near the buildings and of course it's green everywhere in the Paris area with jonquils, poppies, some tulips, ranunculus and pansies along our way as we travelled by car. Driving up the hill we saw wisteria springing forth with a profusion of purple hanging over fences and walls.
     In France, the people at our church eat together following the service. We have quite an international group so many of the dishes were recipes from Angola, Guadeloupe, France, German, US, etc. (baguettes, green salads, couscous, ratatouille, large chunks of fish, black-eyed peas, spinach, beef bourguignon, rice, chicken or maybe it was dinde (turkey) I didn't see it. It was gone by the time we got to the table. Desserts were tartes, one layer simple cakes, Tropezian - oh la la - creme filled cake with crystalized sugar on the top. (from St. Tropez), pineapple upside down cake, my cookies, etc. They serve cheeses at the end and then coffee for those who want it. They had nescafé in packets to add hot water. Some of the men objected and our french friend Carole went back home to get a real coffeepot and serve the real thing. That made them happy.
     I made Tartiflette (France - potatoes, lots of smoked ham bits called lardons, oignon, garlic, & reblochon cheese layered) and Bunny Butt cookies (USA). hee hee. I'll have to see if a picture turned out of my cookies and I'll add it later. I couldn't find jelly beans here to help with the bunny feet so I used icing which was a little more sloppy then I would have liked. The crowd devoured them very fast. This is the third time I've been here over Easter. This is Russell's second. It's hard to believe!!

No comments:

Post a Comment