Our Schedule:

Teaching English and Art together, putting on the GospelCafé concerts, prayer, meeting with our new French friends. It's a good life!


A complete listing of very specific requests for prayer can be found under "Prayer Requests."


For those just getting to know us, please visit the special sections to the right.

Monday, February 4, 2013

He knows.

Our car remains in the auto repair shop. The old part is still in the car but the new part arrived last Friday. They spent the afternoon trying to get the old part out but to no avail. The weekend is over and today is a new day for the guys to try it again. It had been a frustrating week when we really wanted to be in California the week before.

He knew I would break a tooth and what that would do to me. Thursday evening it happened. Friday it began to swell a bit. Saturday I began to look like elephant woman in the jaw and the pain it created sent me to bed. No dentist office was open on the weekend. Ibuprofen every 3 hrs (I couldn't wait for 4) and a nurse at the hospital said to get Ambusol to numb the area. It was excruciating but I was determined to make it through until Monday. There was no sleep to be had. You'd think I had swallowed a golfball by early Sunday morning. Russell saw my predicament and we headed to the emergency room at the nearby hospital. Armed with anti-biotics and vicodin, we left the hospital for Russell's folks house (our temporary home) an hour later and I went straight to bed.

He knew. I wouldn't have been able to take a 25 hour trip to California, I couldn't have helped Russell drive the car, nor visited with some of our supporters along the way.

"The end of a matter is better than its beginning, and patience is better than pride. Do not be quickly provoked in your spirit, for anger resides in the lap of fools." Ecclesiaste 7:8

No comments:

Post a Comment