Our Schedule:

Teaching English and Art together, putting on the GospelCafé concerts, prayer, meeting with our new French friends. It's a good life!


A complete listing of very specific requests for prayer can be found under "Prayer Requests."


For those just getting to know us, please visit the special sections to the right.

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

A Poem

     We were invited to a writer's workshop over the lunch hour yesterday and asked to speak for a few minutes about what we are doing in France. That was very enjoyable. Every month they meet and have a theme to write a 2 page paper or poem related to that theme. The individuals critique each other's work at the workshop. The theme this week was Time Travel. I must admit I am not a Science Fiction nut like Russell is. My mind can't go there. But I quickly wrote up something more dear to my heart showing the essence of moving through time.


Paris Shining

In the 1860s, my love for Paris hiding
in salons of tall rooms with paint a'drying
Monet, Cassatt, Degas.

stiff lapels and long dresses flowing
colors bursting,  brushes coursing
dripping by the airy windows.

In the 1920s, my love for Paris writing
by the tables drinking, pens in hand, papers crinkling
Hemingway, Fitzgerald, Stein.

On the banks of the Seine, my feet a'walking
book stalls of the 20's, couples there a'plenty  
art stalls of tomorrow.

Shimmering water, abiding
people are out riding, or in hiding, leaving, loving, lying.
city of light, getting dim

Now, my love for Paris shining
people lost and lonely, looking for some meaning 
unfulfilled by creativity.

transport me.

(In the vein of e. e. cumming's - one of my favorite poets) -Carol

2 comments: